9:45 pm
We lost power at about 7:15 for a couple hours. I'll tell ya, things seem worse in the dark, especially when right about the same time, they announced another mandatory evacuation, one that is pretty close.
They ordered an evacuation for North of the Patterson curve from Patterson Avenue to Fairview.
Here is where that area is. Click on the blue balloons to get a description of what I'm talking about.
View Larger Map
Needless to say, we are a little nervous. We packed up a few more things and are ready to go if needed. We're calm and being vigilant.
Reportedly, 3000 acres have burned. 1000 homes are threatened.
To answer Poss's earlier comment: Unfortunately, the rains stopped in March or so. The humidity fluctuates depending on the winds. When those sundowners happen, the air comes from the desert, so not only do we get fast dangerous winds, it is hot dry air. If the winds blow from the ocean, all is well: moist air blowing toward the backcountry. Just hope for no sundowners.
Thanks for all of your concern. Don't worry too much. We'll be fine.
3 comments:
Ugh! That's getting too close.
Let's hope there are no winds from inland.
I'm going to get the folks on the Orioles Hangout involved, too. You'll get plenty of good vibes from all over the country.
YIKES! I hadn't looked at blogs for a couple of days...Josh and Alison were here and her parents, too. So we've been tied up with that. Mom called me a while ago to say she'd talked to you and gave me an update. I'm sorry that I haven't paid attention and hop that things are getting under control. Living through extremes situations is horrible! I'm sending good thoughts your way!
Post a Comment