Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon Gap Fire Update

3:30pm







I took these pictures this afternoon at about 1:00pm from this spot. The photo is looking north.


View Larger Map

Not much has changed. 300 acres as of 2:00pm. Lots of helicopters flying around. They are saying 5% contained. Still no cause identified. There was a press conference at 2:00pm. Here is the video from the news.

There have been a few ashes floating around, and the light definitely looks "strange" outside. Otherwise, all is well right now. If the winds don't start up, we're fine. If the sundowners kick in, it will be unpredictable.

I've got photos and important papers packed in the trunk.

Watch this space.

1 comment:

RetroMag said...

Fires are so scary! I do hope the winds don't kick up any more. Would the wind blow the fire toward you or in another direction? Needless to say, we're worried! Keep us posted.