Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fire News

There is a fire burning up in the mountains just north of us. It is a couple miles northeast of "A" from what I can understand. Our house is near "B."


View Larger Map

They are not calling for evacuations, just to be on alert and watch the TV. I'm getting a few things together, but I'm not worried.

No structures threatened at this time. The weather looks cooperative so far. No real winds. It is almost 18 years to the day of the Painted Cave Fire.

I'll keep you updated.

*********************************

Update 10:20pm.

Mandatory evacuations for Glen Annie Canyon and La Patera Canyon. Those are the canyons to the north of Glen Annie Road and La Patera Road north of Cathedral Oaks.

There is an evacuation "warning" for the areas between Fairview and Glen Annie north of Cathedral Oaks Road.

I've got photos and important papers packed. Now, I'm going to pack a small suitcase. I seriously doubt anything will happen to us.

Watch this space.

*******************************

Update 11:30pm

The weather continues to cooperate. Winds are calm. Air tankers will resume in the daylight. There are no changes in evacuation orders or in the general nature of the fire. The TV news has signed off to regular programming. I'll update again in the morning. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Chuckbert said...

I hope there still is no wind. Down here it's June Gloomy with a lot of fog so I hope that's what's up there.

The news online that I found says it's a "small fire." I hope that's up to date.