9:15am
This feels like it has been going on for a month, yet it is only the fifth day.
NO NEWS!
This morning, I heard aircraft at about 6:15. And birds singing. Skies are clear. We have no smoke or ashes right now. Blue skies above. I can hear the steady drone of aircraft. The headline on the Indpendent's website this morning was "All Quiet on the Western Front." Of course, we're far from being out of the woods, but things are calmer today.
We heard from our friend Bob last night. His family was forced to evacuate, so they headed south to a friend's house. Click on the blue balloons to see what I'm talking about:
View Larger Map
Is it me, or did you get a little chuckle out of that, too?
Remember: these maps are fully interactional. You can go to the larger map, zoom, move around, see details or not. Or you can just see the streets and not the terrain if you'd like. This map shows the mandatory evacuation orders in light blue, and the approximate burn area in dark blue.
The fire officials and government officials have been holding press conferences every day at 2pm. I'll update again this afternoon with the latest stats.
In the meantime, I think I'm going to try to get out of the house a little today!
1 comment:
Bob crossed the freakin' street?! Bob, evacuating means driving to your sister's house 3 hours away and mooching off her for two weeks. It worked for me. It'll work for you.
Post a Comment