Good day!
After a few tense hours last night, we were able to settle down into sleep and had a good night's sleep, sleeping in late.
This morning we awoke to clear skies, and a few actual clouds that mixed in parts with smoke. The smoke is less dense, and no ash is falling on us this morning. Whew! Last night it was really bad. Mike and I took a short walk to see if we could see flames, and the air quality was scary it was so bad! Here is some pictures of my car this morning.
There have been no new evacuations or evacuation warnings. Whew!
Winds are calm today. Let’s hope they stay calm throughout the day and night.
Mike has to go to work at 3:00 today, to work the beach for the Independence Day celebration. Kevin still wants to go to the fireworks (he bought some light-up necklaces to sell), but Erin and I are wary. Unless things change drastically for the better, I think we'll stay home. I don't want to leave the dogs here alone.
The latest statistics are:
Acres burned: 5,400
Containment: 10%
Crews on site: 1,072
Other resources: 30 engines, 20 aircraft, 16 dozers
Injuries: 0
Structures burned: 0
Structures threatened: 1700
Cause: Man-made. Unknown if intentional or accidental.
Weather forecast: Gusts of 30mph winds N; current temp: 75; 25% humidity
Weather for Santa Barbara
************************
Update 12:45pm
We lost power again for about half an hour. I was in the middle up uploading the pictures I forgot to upload when I published my post! Sorry for the confusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment