Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday Night Gap Fire Update

9:00pm

They've lifted more of the evacuation orders this evening. Things are feeling really good!

There hasn't been any smoke in our air today.

We saw Wall-E. I highly recommend it! Very good movie. It was nice to take our minds off of the fire for a while, too.

Here is one more picture of the smoke, taken from Los Carneros near Isla Vista. You can see the winds blowing south. The winds seem to be dying before they get too far. It was calm in town all day and evening.



Here are some pictures that Erin took of this evening's sunset. Smokey sunsets are always so pretty!









3 comments:

RetroMag said...

I'm so glad to get good news about the fire! Now I can start breathing again. Yes, the pictures are quite spectacular. Too bad the REASON they're so pretty is so scary.

P-Doobie said...

I hope Erin will continue to post her photographs.

BobbieS53 said...

I'm in Grants and am so glad that everything is better our there! I was so worried. I hope that they get everything mopped up and people back home soon!