5:45pm
They've expanded the mandatory evacuation area this evening. I'm learning how to better use Google Maps, so here is what I understand is the current evacuation warning (light blue) and mandatory evacuation (dark blue) areas. You see our house at the blue bubble.
View Larger Map
It is definitely feeling more real now. And of course, the winds are yet to come, if they are to come at all.
So you can understand Sundowners better, on the Solstice day this year, at noon the temperature was about 85ºF. At about 8:00pm, it got windy, and the temperature jumped to 96 degrees. It is an unusual, and unsettling even in the best of times, phenomenon.
A DC-10 has been brought in to help. That is such a comfort.
6,000 acres now.
More later. I wanted to get this up in case we lose power.
***********************
Update 7:00
The mandatory evacuation area may not be all the way to Cathedral Oaks. It may still be north of Patterson. There are conflicting reports. In any case, we are ready. We did lose power for just about 5 minutes. I hate when that happens!
4 comments:
Gosh! I didn't think it would get that close to you. Where are you planning to go if you have to leave? Fire is so scary. I just cannot express myself in this situation. We've all been through this and it is nerve wracking!
Thanks, BobBIE! We're OK so far. Erin and I and Cocoa and Kibble are chillin' here at home. If we do evacuate, we'll go to the Red Cross shelter to start. Then, we'll see if we'll go to a motel here in town or maybe Santa Maria or Ventura.
Unfortunately, Mike has to work Sunday during the day. And of course I need to work Monday, and Erin has school Monday.
See an update in the above post.
I am, of course, still on pins and needles. I can imagine how you are feeling. We're still hoping it doesn't get worse.
I know you know EXACTLY how I'm feeling, mmeutsler!
No new news!
Post a Comment