Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday Morning Gap Fire Update

7:50am

I had planned to update you last night, but at about 7:15, we lost power. It was restored by 11:30pm. The power outage affected the whole area, from Carpinteria to Goleta.

Erin and I sat by candlelight and worked, wrote and read. Kevin went to his friend's house to play poker in the dark. Poor Kibble was terrified and trembling all evening. She is afraid of light, as you recall. The candles frightened her. She was glued to my side and insisted that I keep my hand on her.

Reports are that mild sundowners did increase the fire to 1900 acres. It is said to be 5% contained. No new evacuations have been ordered. I took some pictures from our neighborhood last night. Later today, I'll see if any are worth posting.

Classes were canceled today again. I hope they'll be in session again by Monday.

More later.

Links to Fire Info:
InciWeb
Santa Barbara Independent
KEYT News

No comments: