Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday morning Tea Fire Update

I slept from about 1am to 4am. Then I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I slept better during the Gap fire. I guess the difference is that Mike is down there working.

This morning they are reporting >2000 acres burned. 500 firefighters on, with more coming. Luckily helios got to make runs all night.

Sunlight is about to come, and with it, a higher risk of more winds. It was calm overnight, luckily.

The evacuation "warning" areas have expanded greatly....huge area, including the Eastside of Santa Barbara.

Luckily, I don't have any patients scheduled today, so I can stay off the roads. I may try to help at the call centers or something; I heard they need help. Right now I'm going to try to sleep for another hour before I need to wake Erin up for school.

2 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

Izzy you hang in there. I will be sending good vibes and prayers to Mikey and his co-workers. I'm sorry you guys have to keep going through this!

Peggy said...

Stay safe, Izzy. I am sending damp vibes and prayers your way. Go, Officer Squid! Go!