Friday, November 14, 2008

Calm Evening

9:18 update: I got a call from Mike; he is patrolling tonight. A much better gig than sitting at a roadblock! He gets off at 6am. Don't know about tomorrow's schedule.

There are really no updates at this time. The official statistics are the same at this hour, except the number of acres was estimated down to 1,500 acres. There is no containment number. Homes burned or damaged estimated to be 100-200.

So far, calm winds. It is to be in the high-80s tomorrow again.

Another note: our air quality here in Goleta is good. The winds have not been bad, so the smoke has not been traveling.

There was one death, a 98-year old man with multiple medical problems who died after evacuation.

Mike is working again tonight after a solid day's sleep. Not sure what his role will be. I'll edit this when I know.

Here is an interactive map that someone made:


View Larger Map

I drove past Earl Warren Showgrounds this afternoon and was stunned by the number of fire engines parked there, with crews ready to go.

I'll update if things change.

1 comment:

BobbieS53 said...

Thanks for all the updates. The news mostly talk about celebrities' homes, though I did see an interview with a construction guy who lost his home. It's so tragic!