Sunday, November 9, 2008

First Time Voter

Ahem, well.... while looking for the iron yesterday (which I never found....goes to show how much I iron!), I ran across my box of childhood memories. Now you get to travel back with me, too, as you've done with Chuckbert!

The box held stuff from elementary school all the way up to college. Interesting that within the same box there are early tries at essays with new-writer paper, up to Chemistry 1A midterms and final from my Freshman year at UCSB (by the way, I took this class with Mikey; one of the few classes we had together!).

I chose this to share first, being so fitting to the season!



I don't remember how I voted, but here are the propositions that were offered.

I haven't missed an election since! And I still haven't registered with a party.

2 comments:

Chuckbert said...

That year we elected George Deukmejian governor as Jerry Brown's successor. The Democrats offered Mike Curb (of The Mike Curb Congregation fame) as their choice. You didn't get to have a say either way till November. See what you miss being not being affiliated with a party?

Shoe said...

Yes, I suppose I missed a few years of primaries...now the rules are changed, so I can request a ballot from the Democrats, the Republicans, or the American Independent Party during the primary election.

I do remember voting for Jack O'Connell in 1982, when he successfully ran for State Assembly. He is our current CA Superintendent of Public Instruction. I remember he gave out potholders when he campaigned. I guess when you're 18, potholders rule!

He's a good guy, though. I voted for the right man, potholder and all.