Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gardening News

Remember one of the grasses I planted in the front yard? It was Aristida purpurea. Note the description: "Wildlife Value: Grasses provide food and nesting materials to a variety of wildlife." Ummmm.....yeah. I found that out first-hand, when just less than two weeks after I had planted it, a gopher took it. Every blade. Bye-bye, Purple Three Awn. *sniff*

The good news is that the Dancing Embers Sage is blooming! It literally bloomed over night. I looked at it one afternoon and was actually afraid it wasn't doing well. Then, the next morning, some delightful red flowers had appeared! I am enjoying this plant, even if it isn't native. Here are some pictures.








2 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Pretty! Autumn flowers are fun.

Shoe said...

They are pretty. Ironic that I had scheduled this post to be published before the fire started.

There are too many dancing embers tonight.

It does have pretty flowers, doesn't it? The flowers bloom on otherwise dead-looking stems. I guess that is why they are called embers.