Erin did her Mission report on La Purisima in the 4th grade, when all California school children learn about California history. We enjoyed our memories from that previous visit!
I couldn't resist taking pictures of some of the flowers in their gardens. Here are some Matilija poppies. You may remember Chuckbert sharing a photo of his Matilija poppies recently.
Here are some California poppies, hanging on for dear life in the late spring sun. They were being visited by some bumblebees.
Here are some swallows flying in and out of their nests. I had tried to make a movie of them to post, but the movie didn't work out, so this is a still from a small bit of video I did manage.

And some family photos:
Goofing off in the parking lot.... I was holding a dollar bill that had a really cool serial number. In fact, its coolness index is 96.6%.
Kevin shaved his head last week!
We had lunch together after the visit to the mission, and then we all headed to our respective homes. It was a nice afternoon!
7 comments:
I haven't seen Mikey's parents in years. They're looking great!
All the Littles are very photogenic, and Kevin's scalp is pretty. Be sure to wear a hat, Kev!
Pretty flowers.
Pretty kids.
Pretty short hair, Kevin! Holy moly!
Nice pics, Karen. I was happy to see pictures of Mikey's parents and would like to see them in person. The scenes at the mission were nicer--cute burros. But, Kevin, WHAT POSSESSED YOU TO SHAVE YOUR HEAD??? Your hair was so much more attractive than your scalp!!!
I remember your mission project in 4th grade, Erin. Didn't you create a replica of the missiion?
Actually, I believe that Kevin did a replica of his mission (Santa Ynez) with sugar cubes, while Erin's project was a videologue of her trek to La Purisima.
well I just thought one day, why not shave it off? I came to the same conclusion, I liked it much better when I had hair, but as with most things, time will heal. Till then...Ill be looken like a skinhead
Nice looking family, Karen.
Keven's buzz cut is one of my favorite hairstyles. And he has a nice shaped head so it suits him well.
I always enjoy your nature/landscape photos.
Gosh! Where have I been. I guess I've been working so hard during the day, I never get a chance to look at blogs! Kevin looks like Mike when He was at the Academy! YIKES! Kev, make sure you have sunscreen on your too tender head! Very nice pictures of a great family!
Post a Comment