Friday, June 27, 2008

We're addicted!

Our spring break was so fun that we decided to recreate--actually, expand--our experience and do another cruise vacation! We're sailing on August 10 on the M/S Pride. It is another Carnival Cruise, 7 days of FUN! Ports o' call: Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas!

¡Lo más mejor viaje!

7 comments:

P-Doobie said...

I've sailed on a ferry from Gothenburg, Sweden, to England. P and I took a day trip on a small ship to the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland, and I got seasick.

In 1966, on the Family Vacation from Hell, I got seasick on a ferry from Washington State to British Columbia. Coach, who was (and is) ever helpful and who learned to whisper in a sawmill, came up to me and whispered, "Peg! If you're sick you should go to the restrooms! They have handles you can hang onto so you don't fall over."

I hope you and the family have a blast, Izzy! I went on the paddle boats at Lake of the Ozarks.

BobbieS53 said...

Holy Moly! Two cruises in one year!?! I hope it's a good one. Is that they one they call the Mexican Riviera?

Shoe said...

p-doobie, there is little to no seasickness on these behemoth ships! Once in a while you can feel the roll of the ocean underneath, but not enough to make one green!

Yes, BobBIE, we're traveling from the American Riviera to the Mexican Riviera. Someday, I hope to travel to the Original Riviera!

Chuckbert said...

Have fun! I'll stay ashore. I don't think it's the seasickness that gets to me...it's the claustrophobia. I feel trapped on boats (and I don't think just because it's a big boat would help).

Enjoy being stuck on a boat for seven (yikes!) days!

RetroMag said...

I know you'll have a blast. There's lots to do on a cruise ship. Besides eat. And there's plenty of that! Personally, I prefer smaller craft. It's cozier and you get to know more of the passengers. I'm glad I seem to be immune to seasickness!

Shoe said...

Thanks, chuckbert! We will enjoy it!

You're right, mmeutsler. There are tons of things to choose from to do. You can be as active or inactive as you want on a cruise! Stay on the ship, or go ashore. Every member of the family has things to choose to do, or not to do! And of course, the food....lots of it, and good, too! It is a great vacation!

Poss said...

Have fun!
We have only done a 3 day cruise on a 150 passenger shop (only 1/2 full) through the Three Gorges on the Yangtze before the dam started filling it up. for a day or so after leaving the ship, i felt like I was still rolling on the River. Our ship was rather spartan, only meals at very specific times, and nothing in between. We knew ahead of time and packed snacks.