Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Only 28 days....

...until Scurvy Awareness Day on May 2!

I urge everyone to drink your citrus in order to avoid this nasty disease. Here is one delicious way to do so.

Make A Mojito!

Take a few sprigs of fresh mint (this shows enough for 2 mojitos),

and muddle (smash) it with a couple teaspoons of sugar.




Add the juice of one lime (about two ounces) and stir well.



Pour lime juice and mint mixture over ice in a Tom Collins glass.

Add 2 ounces light rum.



Stir.

Top with an ounce or two of club soda.


Garnish with a mint sprig, and enjoy!


4 comments:

P-Doobie said...

One of my favorite novels is "Andersonville" by MacKinlay Kantor. He describes the effects of scurvy on POWs in the notorious Civil War prison camp. You better believe I take my Vitamin C! A mojito sounds good. Hmmm. I wonder whether we have some rum in the house?

Chuckbert said...

Blimey! That looks good.

(Well, "blimey" does rhyme with "limey.")

RetroMag said...

I'd rather think of it as BobBIE's birthday!

Shoe said...

I'll be drinking a toast to you on May 2, BobBIE!