I must confess I thought about turning around after a rest at the meadow, but I didn't want to wimp out, so I went for the gold! I'm glad I did.
My favorite passer-by was a black lab who was carrying a ginormous "stick" in his mouth. It was about 4 inches in diameter and at least six feet long! I'm lucky he passed me at a wide point in the trail. It reminded me of Chris, who would also pick the largest log on the trail. I had to chuckle as he and his human friend passed.
It was a stunning day. And I was happy to see a TON more wildflowers. Not only were there more blooms of the species I showed you last time, there were many more species blooming. I took a lot of pictures, but my camera didn't do so well on close-ups, so I'm posting only some of the ones I saw. Please click on each picture for a bigger view.
Not all of them are labeled, because I couldn't quickly identify them. I wanted to share them tonight!
The rock rose was plentiful along the lower part of the hike! Bushes and bushes of neon pink blooms!
Fiesta Flower?
Wild Mustard
Lay-and-Collie's Indian Paintbrush
Bush Poppy
And, the Grande Dame:
Miss California Poppy
Herre are some critters that I saw:
Tiger Swallowtail
Alligator Lizard
And the scenery:
2 comments:
Cool pix! Thanks for sharing.
I remember that big Chris would carry logs around in his mouth. A favorite trick while carrying his logs was to run between two people walking side by side and knock them over.
Beautiful flowers, butterflies, scenery, etc.! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment