View Larger Map
It was nice and green, with lots of (non-native) grass and plenty of fresh, young poison oak. There was a dearth of wildflowers, though, except for our friend Sour Grass. The drought has taken its toll. Usually by late February, the flowers are really revving up, but the last couple years there have been very few wildflowers.
At the top of the trail, I visit my favorite rock. I wish I had taken a picture of it. It is a rock from the Sespe formation, and I love the way it tells a story of some long ago waterway. Here is a picture someone else took of an outcropping of Sespe rock.

The creek was flowing nicely, thanks to our above-normal-rainfall winter. I took this picture with my cell phone.
2 comments:
Shitty? Sounds delightful to me!
Your walk sounds as good as mine. Ain't Southern California great?
Post a Comment