"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." ~William Wordsworth
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
San Francisco Chinatown
I forgot to blog our trip to San Francisco last August!
Erin and I drove up and visited Trish, and we had a day in San Francisco. It was a really lovely day! We toured Chinatown and Pier 39 before having dim-sum back in Chinatown. Yum!
Broadway and Kearney. We walked from Chinatown to the Embarcadero.
The mélange of rocks from the recent accrecionary event. San Francisco is hilly!
This guy was in a crosswalk.He was made of pavement-striping paint.
Heed the warning!
The Big Noodle (Pier 39)
Dim Sum!
While we were wandering Chinatown, we saw several of these drum and dragon groups, entering stores in some sort of blessing ceremony, is what we guessed. We were in a store when a dragon was coming. We were not allowed to take photographs. I did anyway.
Here comes the dragon!
H
Here is a movie of the action from the street. It was exciting when they lit the firecrackers!
RetroMag, I did some reasearch and could only find information about similar activities during Chinese New Year. It was far from the new year, so I'm not sure what the occasion was. It was really cool, though!
3 comments:
Thanks, especily for the video. Was that some sort of special holiday, do you think, or just an ordinary event?
RetroMag, I did some reasearch and could only find information about similar activities during Chinese New Year. It was far from the new year, so I'm not sure what the occasion was. It was really cool, though!
Fun and yum!
Post a Comment