Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Follow-Up

Follow-Up to my last post. Read this article.

I tell ya, this issue really stuck in my craw!

3 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

Politics!

P-Doobie said...

The GOP is not a cult. It's a fraternity, which is like a cult, but with less reading.

Shoe said...

It goes beyond politics, and that is the problem. The "old school" Republican ideals are something to respect, even when one disagrees. Today's right wing uses lies, deception and fear to further its agenda. When a respected Republican like Colin Powell turns his back on the party, it is time for concern. When people like Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh become de facto leaders of the party, it is huge time for concern.

The more I read and witness their effective strategies of fear-mongering and lies, the more I read about the founding fathers and their vision of the United States, the angrier I get, and the more fearful for democracy I become.

*end rant*