Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rest in Peace, Gidget

RIP Gidget, the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

One of my favorite memories of Erin is about the dog. I wrote about it in one of my family letters, dated February 4, 1998 (Erin was 4 1/2):

"You may have seen the Taco Bell commercials on TV, with the little Chihuahua dog bent on getting Taco Bell food. (He follows a guy around saying "Yo quiero Taco Bell.") Well, in a couple of them, there is a little female Chihuahua waiting, anticipating a visit from this boy Chihuahua. It shows him passing her up in his quest for Taco Bell. Last Friday we were at Taco Bell for our Mommy-Day lunch, and Erin noticed the employee shirts with the Taco Bell doggie. She said something to me about "I wish the boy would take the girl." I didn't get it at first, but she was talking about these commercials, so I said, "Oh, yeah, poor girl dog waits for him, and he walks on by." Poor little Erin started Crying. She was so upset that the girl doggie was ignored. I comforted her the best I could as she cried on my shoulder in Taco Bell. Hope she finds a better boy doggie."

3 comments:

Chuckbert said...

I sure missed out by not being much of a TV watcher. I saw only a few of her commercials. They were cute.

Unknown said...

even when i was 4 i knew which guys were jerks!!!!

BobbieS53 said...

Ah, Erito, boys will be boys....