Thursday, July 28, 2011

It happened again!

Last June, 2010, BobBIE gave me an orchid plant after my surgery.  It had gorgeous purple-spotted bloosoms that lasted 5 months or so!

In February I showed you pictures of the orchid that bloomed for a second time.  The beautiful flowers lasted until early June. BobBIE got to see them when she was here for graduation!

And guess what? The other stem of the two-stemmed plant bloomed this summer!  Here is the progression!

I was excited in June when I noticed the tiny buds.

June 25 -- buds on the smaller secondary stem.


Over the next few weeks, they continued to grow bigger.

July 5











July 26


Until, here they are today!

I'm so excited that I get to enjoy a few more blossoms for a few more months!

3 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Congratulations! Ours is still going strong. Orchids are so pretty.

RetroMag said...

Beautiful! And I'm enjoying my birthday orchid too!

BobbieS53 said...

Cool!