It was a niece afternoon! How nice!
First, the littlest one and I went to feed the ducks at the pond. Ruby K's was closed, so we couldn't get any stale bread to feed them. Darn! It was tons o' fun anyway!
In the late afternoon, the middle one and I went to Tsankawi, part of Bandelier National Monument. Most of Bandelier is closed because of the Las Conchas fire, but Tsankawi is open. I had never walked there. It is a nice interpreted trail up to a mesa-top un-excavated Ancestral Pueblo community. Really cool hike as you walk the paths that the ancestral puebloans walked.
Beautiful vistas!
What a beauty!
There are lots of petroglyphs there.
There were three ladders to go up and down.
The trail passed some cavetas that you could enter.
I love to touch the past and imagine the life that was lived hundreds of years ago.
2 comments:
Gorgeous views! Gorgeous people viewing the views!
Beautiful shots! the girls loved the time with you
Post a Comment