Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Winter Blooms

When we got back from vacation, it was fun to see the garden had popped out!

The sugar snap peas were full off blossoms and pea pods!



A big surprise was seeing on of our new baby ceanothus all purpley!


The snow flurry ceanothus is busting out in white!






























I love the tiny delicate flowers of this Sentinel manzanita.

Bush Poppy

The Monkeyflower had really exploded while we were gone!

Another ceanothus

Canyon Silver Catalina Silver Lace































But I think the biggest thrill of all has been watching my orchid plant. BobBIE had given me this cool orchid back in June when I wasn't feeling well. It had tons of beautiful leopard-like flowers. After they all fell off, I kept gently watering the plant.  Over the last couple months, I've watched tiny buds grow and grow into large buds,

and this is what it looks like today!



I've never had an orchid bloom again! It is really exciting! And beautiful!

5 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Pretty! I wish I could get an orchid to bloom again. You've got the magic touch.

BobbieS53 said...

Yeah! Keep giving it tender, loving care. I love it! (matches your socks...)

MrBears said...

Wow you got the orchid to bloom again. Keep doing whatever your doing, it's beautiful. I've never had any luck with orchids. Your yard full of flowers is so pretty. You should come down and do our little half acre.

RetroMag said...

A really beautiful yard full of flowers. And that orchid is gorgeous!

Poss said...

Very beautiful!