Hiking With Kevin, January, 2011
Kevin and I took advantage of neither of us having anything to do and a beautiful winter day and took to the trails in our beautiful foothills. We headed to Tunnel Trail, one that we've been wanting to visit.
We soon encountered man's futile attempt to hold Mother Nature at bay. This thing will hold back a mountain?
We enjoyed the geology, of course.
 |
| An interesting piece of shale |
 |
| The uplift is nearly vertical across the canyon.... |
 |
| ....and indeed, on this side of the canyon, too. Cool uplifted sandstone with the shale layer eroded. |
And we enjoyed the sights.
 |
| A nice view of Santa Cruz Island |
 |
| Evidence of the Jesusita Fire |
And of course, I love them wild flowers!
 |
| I think this is Cliff Aster (close up below) |
 |
| My favey: Canyon Sunflower |
 |
| See the ladybug hiding in the leaves? |
 |
| Chinese Houses? |
1 comment:
Beautiful, as always! And a handsome lad to boot.
Post a Comment