Saturday, January 1, 2011

24 Years!

Poss commented that we win the prize for longest-married.  That may be so, but it's a little unfair, given that if California were truly progressive, Chuckie and Jerry might've had us beat.  They've been together longer than we've been married.

In any case, it reminded me that I didn't post about our recent anniversary.  Every year we take turns making the plans for the anniversary celebration.  This year was the Squid's turn, and wow, he outdid himself!

He took me to a wonderful dinner at Holdren's in Goleta, and he arranged for us to stay at the Bacara resort, just a few miles up the road.  Wow, it was amazing! I had never been there, and I was really impressed.  It is a beautiful resort, and I felt quite spoiled.  Here was our room.

Luxurious bed!




A gas fireplace!

A pass-though to the bathroom!  (Kinda weird, but neat-o in its way)


In the morning, we had room-service breakfast. Yummy! I didn't want to leave.

Here's to another 24 years!

3 comments:

Chuckbert said...

"Uh-uh-uhhhhh! Honey, could you pass me some more champaigne?" does sound a bit weird.

It looks like you had a very nice time!

Congratulations!

(And you've still got Jerry and me beat...you and Mikey were sharing living quarters long before you got hitched. "Gee Mom, it's not like we're married!")

P-Doobie said...

Congratulations! Did the bathroom have a telephone next to the toilet? If you ever stay in a place like that, never call me from that phone.

Word verif ackades: "accolades" when spoken through a mouthful of chocolate truffles.

Shoe said...

I guess that would work, Chuckbert. The bathtub was right under the pass-through window (the shower was just to the side).

And yes, P-doobie, there was a phone right by the toilet! Ya never know when you'll need to take that very important call!