It all started with my eyeglasses case. I had a spring-loaded glasses case which had somehow broken in the last couple weeks. It's snap was snap-less, but it still protected my glasses, and I only opened it twice a day, so it was fine broken in my bathroom drawer.
On Friday night, I dropped my contact into the sink as I cleaned it. I do that once in a while. Not too often. Every other time during the last nearly 30 years, I've gotten it out without any problem. Not this time! This time, it cracked.
But I didn't know it!
Saturday morning, I put it in my eye. Ouch! I thought it was a hair. I rinsed it and tried again. Still owie! When I examined it, I found the darn crack. My spare contact didn't feel any better. My eye had been injured a little by the cracked one.
I left my contacts off for a couple days. On Monday, I tried to wear them. It felt....ooookayyy. My vanity told me that I could handle it for my day of work. After the third hour, I could handle it no more. I took out the contact on the pained side and drove around to the next couple patients with vision in one eye.
Thank goodness it was a short day!
Yesterday, it felt a little better, so I left them on, but smartly this time I took my contact case and my glasses in their non-snappy case. As usual, I had an armful to take out to the car in the morning. I shoved everything onto the passenger seat, ran around to the driver's seat and took off to start my day.
That day, I tolerated the contact for about five hours, which amounted to my workday. Yippee! I ran into the house with my contact case and glasses case to switch out. Ahhhh...contacts out! Relief! Now, put on my glasses.
Opened the case. No glasses! What the....?
They must've fallen out of the case on the way in from the car! But I can't see to find them!
"Erin! I need you! Please help me find my glasses!"
She shot into action and found them right away on the driveway. In the path to the car, not from. And they were smashed. Badly. They looked like Ralphie's glasses. Whaaaa-aaaaah! I started crying. I needed those glasses! I dried my sniffles and felt very sorry for myself the rest of the day into the evening. I took my guide-dogs out for a walk. I talked on the telephone to my big sister. Luckily, my wonderful husband heated up some dinner for me. And, luckily, I could read. So, I crawled into bed early and read and read and read.
Today: A trip to The Eyeglass Factory
Frames: $59.95. Lenses: $89.95. Being able to see again: Priceless.
R.I.P
3 comments:
YIKES! YIKES! YIKES! I'm glad you got everything taken care of, and that you have a caring husband to take care of YOU!!! Good thing you didn't damage your eye! Here's lookin' at ya, kid!
Take care of them eyes. Ouch!
Hey, I took my glasses to Costco yesterday to get new lenses put in them. My left eye needs a little stronger correction. What a day for vision care.
I'm mighty glad you got through it without damaged eyes. Damaaged GLASSES can be replaced. Did you get a new case for the new glasses?
Word verification: coniache. Man, con I ever ache! Especially my knees sometimes.
Post a Comment