Saturday, April 11, 2009

Surprise Cake

I baked a chocolate cake last night!






I served it to the family today. Here are some comments:

Kevin: "This cake is awesome!"
Mikey: "It's okay. It's good."
Erin: "It's good. A little too dry."

Indeed, it was a little dry, but the taste was good!

It had a surprise ingredient. From our organic produce delivery box. I never know what do do with them, cuz no one likes them. So I found a recipe that uses.......















BOILED BEETS!


Yum.

Here is the recipe.

4 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Beet cake! A combination that, I'm sure, can't be beat!

(But beets are good without all that disguising!)

RetroMag said...

Who would have thought of putting beets in a cake? But why not? It's not much different than zucchini or carrots. What kind of frosting went on it? It looked luscious.

BobbieS53 said...

So...could you taste any beets through the chocolate?

word verf: ruckers...which could almost be Rutgers!

Shoe said...

You couldn't taste the beets. I used canned frosting...too lazy to make it and clean up after. It was getting late!

We give away our bell peppers from the produce box...I don't suppose there is a bell pepper cookie?