Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I love Rattlesnake!

Indulge me as I take you on another hike. I just cannot resist!

I had a free day today, so I hiked Rattlesnake Canyon. There weren't a whole lot of wildflowers yet.

There were a ton of Blue Dicks (Chuckbert, this is the flower I sent you).


I and the butterflies enjoyed them. I couldn't decide on one picture to share, so here ya go. Pick your favorite butterfly!















I saw this sign on the trail, and looked down into the water....there they are! Can you spot them?










Fiesta Flower (above and below)




These little pine cones are about 1/2 inch long!



The last (or the first?) of a Flannelbush (I think)




And the always-cheerful Miss Rock Rose:




I love the wrinkled-tissue-paper look!


The burned areas are still pretty burny. Recovery is happening, though.




Thanks for coming along with me!

5 comments:

MrBears said...

And the picture is hanging in the family room. I took a picture to blog it, but haven't done so yet (as I'm sure everyone has noticed. I get around to blogging sometime. It's next to the picture of Pop Tart Marlys that you gave Chuckbert.

P-Doobie said...

Thanks for the images, Izzy! I always like going on a bloghike with you. I'm glad things are coming back after the fire. After the Cerro Grande Fire, the grasses, wildflowers, and Gambel oak came charging back.

Word verif: lymphand

BobbieS53 said...

I enjoyed my hike with you. Is it steep? Should I be out of breath?

RetroMag said...

I always enjoy your great pictures of flowers, butterflies, lizards (I love lizards), rocks, and all that you encounter on your hikes. Keep hiking! Keep blogging the sights!

Shoe said...

Thanks for coming along, people!

BobBIE, if you are in better shape than I, then you shouldn't be too out of breath. It does gain some elevation, though, so for some of us, frequent rests are needed!

RetroMag, there were BIG FAT lizards on my last two hikes. They go too fast for me to get a picture. I'll endeavor to catch one next time!