Monday, March 2, 2009

Crackery Cheese Puffs

Or Cheese Cracker Puffers.

I tried Chuckbert's recipe again, this time with the proper half-n-half, unsalted butter, and salt.

I wasn't shy about really working the dough and rolling it out thin. I could see the cutting board through the dough. I cooked it in two batches it was so thin.

I put Kosher flake salt on one and the flake salt and fresh ground pepper on the other. They took far shorter to bake than my first thicker try.

They came out puffery good! YUMMERS!





4 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Mmmmmm. Those look good!

What's up with gorgonzola? My crackers had blue streaks but very mild flavor. Does its flavor get milder as it cooks?

Shoe said...

I don't know nothin' 'bout no gorgonzola.

What other cheeze have you tried?

RetroMag said...

Those puffies look SO-O-O-O good! They really puffed up a lot after being rolled out so thin. The sopaipilla principle maybe?

BobbieS53 said...

I'm going to have to try thinner. Mine are usually thick, but puffies look to be better!

word verif: ferchooi (I just liked it, it reminds me of Juniper season around her...)