Saturday, March 21, 2009

OK, a little more garden

I saw that the Ceanothus centennial is blooming. It is a ground cover shrub, and right now can barely fight through the weeds and gopher dirt. It managed to bloom, though. I tried to get a good image. I didn't succeed too well. For what they're worth:








BobBIE asked to show pictures of the whole yard for reference. I would show you, but the plants are so small and the weeds so plentiful, that it wouldn't be very flattering. Please accept my close-ups of the flowers. And here is the post of when I first planted everything. There are photos of the whole yard, and you can see where the plants are.

As I told BobBIE on the phone, I've been weed-whacking but held back lately because some of the California poppies I planted were able to survive the earlier whacks, and I want to see if they will bloom. Come summer, when the weeds die, I'll see if I can mulch the yard well and keep the weeds at bay next year.

Here is another interesting garden offering. This stump is in front of the garage. It has some pretty tree fungus:


Top of stump


Side. Those fungi at the top are the side view of the top image.


Pretty, huh?


2 comments:

RetroMag said...

Thanks for the show! Your ground cover flowers are very pretty. And the pics of the fungi on the tree stump are quite amazing.

BobbieS53 said...

Thanks for the pictures. I'll just have to come see your yard for myself! I like the little purple ones and the shrooms are...well...narly!