Many of the plants are flowering. I took some of these photos earlier this winter, and some this week.
The two varieties of Monkey Flowers are doing the best. Both plants had tons of blossoms through the winter, and they are growing fast, too. I love this flower, and they greet me every day as I walk up the driveway.
Mimulus Robin
Mimulus aurantiacus
The Ceanothus Concha is blooming really well. It is also known as California Mountain Lilac.
The above picture was taken late January. The ones below were taken today.
The Guadalupe Island Rock Daisy (Perityle incana) has interesting blooms:
I didn't get great pictures of this Salvia Dara's Choice, but here is what I have.
Here is a picture of the Wooly Blue Curls. I should've taken a picture in the fall or winter. Now the wooly stuff is fading and drying up.
I showed you pictures of the Dancing Embers Sage before. It has a couple buds that look like they'll open soon.
The rock rose hasn't bloomed at all! I'll look forward to that, and will share when it does.
And, even though they aren't native California plants, these Camellias
and these Azaleas that we've had for years have been blooming like mad all winter.
5 comments:
Realy pretty flowers! I'm anxious to see your "new" yard.
We have a few things blooming in our yard. Spring is such a nice time of the year.
Darned weeds.
Keep up the good work!
Keep those pictures coming. They are gorgeous!
very pretty,
we are looking forward to seeing the blooms along our trip
It has been snowing here. The two daffodils now look like little kids do just before they catch a cold.
Post a Comment