Saturday, March 14, 2009

Franken-Who? Frankenmuth!

Trish, Kevin and I took a day-trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan today! Frankenmuth is Michigan's Little Bavaria!

Our first stop was Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland, the world's largest Christmas store!





Wow! Lots of ornaments of all types! It's so big there are multiple entrances!



After shopping there, we headed to River Place for more shopping and cavorting.


Then we got hungry! On the recommendation of the hotel shuttle driver (who pointed us to Frankenmuth to begin with), we ate at the famous Zehnder's, America's Largest Family Owned Restaurant.









Then, of course we had to get fudge. Frankenmuth is famous for fudge.

We also visited the historical museum, where we learned a lot.




Frankenmuth also has a wooden covered bridge over a pretty river.





Also, a couple flour mills. Here's one:



Kevin had been looking forward to playing in the snow while in Michigan, and he finally got to!



4 comments:

RetroMag said...

Thanks for sharing your trip. Trish looks great!

BobbieS53 said...

I'm glad you got to go and that Kevin played in snow!

Poss said...

I see that the Zehnders has a vegetarian menu. I was in Wisconsin once and was scheduled for the veggie plate at a banquet. They brought out a huge fish on a plate. I said that I was supposed to get the vegetarian plate, and the waiter said "this is the vegetarian plate"

It looks like you are having fun. Trish and Kevin look great.

P-Doobie said...

Trish looks great, and Kevin is a clown. Thanks for the pix!