Sunday, December 28, 2008

Creek Watch 2

Creek Watch: Santa Barbara
Creeks Through the Seasons


Volume 2: Winter Solstice 2008

O, Happy Winter! The days are getting longer!

Welcome back as we continue our examination of our local creeks through the seasons! As you recall from Volume 1, we are following four urban creeks through the year. Since the Autumnal Equinox, we've had about three moderate rains, totaling about 4 1/2 inches or so down here by the coast. Mountain totals are around 6-7 inches.

I was not able to get to Rattlesnake Canyon around the Solstice, but I took some pictures of the creek on my November 19 hike, and I post those here. I hope to get up there next weekend. If I do, I will post an amendment. I want to see how the meadow looks!

Here are how the Creeks look now.

San Jose Creek:

San Jose Creek, Upstream


San Jose Creek, Downstream

San Antonio Creek:


San Antonio Creek, Upstream


San Antonio Creek, Downstream

San Roque Creek:

San Roque Creek, Upstream


San Roque Creek, Downstream


Rattlesnake Creek, Upstream
(11-19-08)


Rattlesnake Creek, Downstream
(11-19-08)



1 comment:

Chuckbert said...

Any froggie noises around the creeks? Where's the meadow? We want to see it all greened up. Flowers in it would be nice, too.