Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Five Golden Pleas! #5: 1974




Dec., 1974

Dear Santa Claus,

I don't want to ask you for much, but, I want a lot.

First, I want at least 1 suffted (with arrow from "t" over to between "s" and "u") animal. I also want my watch fixed and a new watch-band. I want a camera case, & film for my camera.

And especially a walkie-talkie set.

Please write me a little note about what what your favorite anamal is, color, when your birthday is and so on down the line.

Your friend,
Karen Isabel E______
Los Alamos, New Mex.
U.S.A.

P.S. Put in my stocking a good thing for Fritz--she's been a good little girl. Write "to: Fritz" on it. Thanks!

4 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Did you ever find out what Santa's favorite color is?

Maybe he wasn't telling because he didn't want to offend those who dislike that color.

(I'll bet it is red. Or white. Or red and white.)

Shoe said...

No, Santa never answered my questions. I figured he must've been just too busy to stop and answer questions. He is a very busy man, after all.

Chuckbert said...

Did you get your walkie-talkies?

Shoe said...

Thanks for the cartoon, Chuckbert!

No, I didn't get the walkies. I remember using an old Radio Shack set--big, bulky metal things, that didn't work so well.