Here we are at dinner and at home for cake.
On the patio at the Beachside.
As a birthday gift, she got texting restored to her cell phone.
The following weekend, for a birthday treat, we took her and her friend Caitlin to VEGAS, Baby! That was a fun-filled weekend. We stayed in New York, New York.
New York, New York is conveniently located across the street from M&M World.
We also visited other casinos.
Besides walking around the strip and exploring the casinos, we got to see Penn and Teller do their magic act. They are great! If you ever get the chance, go see them.
Just about nothing is illegal in Las Vegas. We stopped by a pet store that sells exotic pets. Unforunately, the Sugar Gliders and Bush Babies were hiding, but the girls enjoyed playing with these baby ferrets. You won't see a California pet shop selling any of these animals.
So cute!
The drive home was the. worst. drive. ever. All of LA had gone to visit Las Vegas for the holiday weekend, and all of LA decided to go home the same time we did. It was awful. Mike had flown back a day early to go to work, so it was left to li'l ol' me to drive the whole way. We made it home safe and sound, eight long hours after we left.
5 comments:
Miss Erin is such a beautiful young woman. And you are very nice 'rents to treat her and her friend to a trip to Vegas, baby! The last time I was in Vegas with you was when we went for the long Presidents' Day weekend in 1994. Erin was about 6 months old, and it was the first time I met her. She was really cute then, too.
I've been waiting and waiting for these pix! I'm so glad you guys had a great time in Vegas, baby! Too bad about the traffic on the way home. How long does it usually take to drive there? Erin should have shopped at the Forum Shops and brought home some fake fur stuff!
I remember that trip, p-doobie! It was a fun time!
Sorry to make you wait, BobBIE! It's been hoppin' around here.
The trip usually takes about 6 hours. This time, it took 4 hours to go the 150 miles to Barstow. Once I got road under my wheels, I let 'er run!
Ooooh! Las Vegas! I'll have to go there right after I take a cruise!
I'm glad you all had fun. Sorry it took so long to drive home. It was inconsiderate of all those other visitors to leave at the same time you left. The nerve!
Bobbie is right. You should have gone shopping at The Forum Shops. There's a Jay Strongwater store there. Ooooh! Tchotchkes!
It sounds like you hd a grand time in Vegaws. A really nice birthday party for lovely Erin. Happy Birthday again, Erin! It was a bummer that the end of the trip was not fun.
Post a Comment