THURSDAY
Here I am on the plane, playing a brain building game on Erin's Nintendo DS. The game made me do some quick arithmetic!
Erin took pictures of the beautiful New Mexico landscape on the way from Albuquerque.

A typical NM roadside memorial.
Arrival in the Atomic City!
Shortly after we arrived, Erin decided it would be fun to feed the ducks at Ashley Pond. So, we took care of Coco, Mocha, Emerald, Polka, Dot, and Ballet, among others.
The elders hangin' out.
While we were feeding the ducks, we noticed that the resident minnows were plentiful. They swarmed around the bread, and the ducks were paralyzed between grabbing for bread and grabbing for fish. Kevin knew the minnows would be excellent bait, so we trekked to Otowi Station for a net. Whatever you need, they have it at Otowi Station!
FRIDAY
On Friday, Kevin and I headed to the Jemez. Isn't it beautiful up there!
At the Las Conchas trailhead.
We got in trouble cuz we were out late and we couldn't call. There is no cell phone signal in the mountains! We had a wonderful time together, though!
On the way home at dusk, we saw some critters.
This Mule Deer buck was near a whole herd of Mule Deer. (Sure, I've heard of Mule Deer!)
SATURDAY
It was a girls' day out on Saturday! After dropping Kevin off near Embudo to fish in the Rio, BobBIE, Erin and I headed to Taos. We stopped in the Frank Stickler Gallery, finding it by chance and remembering it from JerBear's blog (thanks, JerBear!). We found a perfect piece to take home to Mikey. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at Michael's Kitchen.
Prairie Dogs patrolling a street corner in EspaƱola
Upon arriving home (on time!) we had dinner with Mombert and Poss and the girls. Pagrs and Michele came in time for dessert! Yummy key lime pie!
SUNDAY
Sunday was a family day, and darn it, I forgot my camera! We enjoyed a pancake breakfast at the Sheriff Posse Shack and went to look at the horses on Horse Mesa. I had my cell phone, and I was able to get a picture of a Zonkey, but when I emailed it to myself, I couldn't download it. I'll try to post it later, if I can.
We fed the ducks again before Poss and fam headed home.
MONDAY
After sleeping late, we had a nice visit with P, then lunch with Mombert, p-doobie, and BobBIE at De Colores.
Kevin and I took a short walk up in the "woods," and then we headed back to ABQ.
It was a fun trip! Thank you to Mombert and BobBIE for being wonderful hostesses!
(Stay tuned for The Fishing Angle)
5 comments:
Elk! I don't recall ever getting to see elk wandering around northern NM. When will it be my time? (I guess spending more time there would help.)
Visiting the old stomping grounds is a lot of fun. Thanks for taking pictures of it (I didn't).
Lovely pictures, lovely visit! Thanks, Izzy!
Thanks for re-sharing your visit! You and Erin take nice pictures.
Lovely pictures, glad your trip was so much fun for you. Wish you could have heard the camp out!
Thanks for sharing your pix. I had a good time with you guys! I need a trip out your way, too!
Post a Comment