Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hikes

I hiked Stevens Park again yesterday, and a couple weeks ago, I did a quick hike up Cold Springs Trail. The wildflowers are quickly diminishing. The creeks are getting quite low. It is our dry season, so the trail will be getting quite dusty.

Here are some pictures. All of these were taken with my new camera. I'm sorry that I don't have names for most of the flowers.

The following are from Cold Springs Trail on May 16.


View Larger Map







Blue Dicks




This is the only one I messed about with to make the colors stronger.






A typical creek scene.

The following are from yesterday's hike through Stevens Park.


An Oak Arch. (I think it uprooted itself)


Boulder and Oak.



This was a really interesting plant (below). Dusky greenish leaves and dusky purplish blossoms. This one had a friend visiting.



The honey bees loved the wild mustard that grew close-in to the trail. It was a little hairy walking through it!







This grass was really tall! It grew at least six feet high.



Oak overhead.

Besides the flowers, trees, and rocks, yesterday I enjoyed a bunch of cabbage butterflies, a couple swallowtail butterflies, two turkey vultures, and of course a bunch of alligator lizards.

Alas, no snakes.

2 comments:

RetroMag said...

I can't believe that such beautiful flowers are growing wild. They lok like they're being fed, watered, and cultivated in somebody's garden.

P-Doobie said...

Lovely images, Izzy. Wildflowers are great!