Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hendry's Beach

Yesterday I walked along Hendry's Beach, also called Arroyo Burro Beach. Locals call it Hendry's.


View Larger Map


View toward the West.

I headed West. To the East of the parking lot, the happy dogs hang out!

It was a really pretty spring day. Hendry's is a good tidepooling beach. It was low tide while I was there, but I didn't stop to explore. I didn't have the right shoes, and I had such little time. Next time, I'll take you on a tidepooling adventure!

If you look closely at the large version of the second picture below, you can see UCSB's Storke Tower. It is about 5 miles away, as the house finch flies.




Plenty of opportunities for finding critters among the exposed rocks!

Every once in a while, there was a broken-shell repository. I'm not sure why these form; I guess it has to do with how the water flows back out over the rocks. Anyway, it's kinda cool to see all the little broken shells and smooth pebbles all piled up.

Shell pile.

Here is a drift log!




Coming back......view toward the East.

I didn't walk too far. I was short on time, having had to work on a Friday! Yuck! I walked enough to get some exercise and bask in the fact that I live in such a Paradise!

3 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Walks on the many beaches...that is paradise. Pretty!

I guess I'll hike up my mountain again. Same sights each time but good exercise.

BobbieS53 said...

Thanks for letting me take a walk on the beach with you. Sometime, you need to show pictures of Kevin surfing!

RetroMag said...

Really, really beautiful! I love the ocean.