Saturday, December 11, 2010

Monarchs!

A gem of our area is the Monarch butterfly breeding area.  Monarchs are migratory, and every winter they return en masse to the Ellwood area of Goleta. The monarch is even part of the City of Goleta's seal.



But guess what?  On my walk yesterday with the pups, on a path along our own San Jose Creek, I found a eucalyptus tree fluttering with orange and black! 




It was neat how the branch looked like a plain ol' eucalyptus branch until a butterfly landed and the branch was suddenly a burst of color! Here is a movie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I find the migration of butterflies amazing. And their beauty.

RetroMag said...

How exciting that you found
Monachs in another area besides Ellwood. I was so happy - and amazed at the number of Monarchs - when you took me to see them that year.

Poss said...

Wonderful! Mei and I love your video

BobbieS53 said...

Whoa! That is so amazing. What a treat!