I had never heard of NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. A Facebook friend posted that she was going to participate, and when I looked into it, I realized I had to do it.
The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. You may start writing at 12:00:01am on November 1. When you upload your work of at least 50,000 words by 11:59:59pm on November 30, you win. The prize? The awesome accomplishment of writing a novel in 30 days! And your name on a Winners List on the NaNoWriMo website. COOL!
I've got some ideas floating around, and we'll see what comes out when I start typing. I've done a practice run (of course, nothing that is to be used in my novel; the whole thing must be written within the 30 days), and I wrote 1,667 (the daily minimum) in 45 minutes. I think I can do this!
Additional challenges lie in the fact that there is my birthday, a trip to Vegas, and Thanksgiving all smooshed into November. It will be a challenge to write as much as I can on the days I can.
NaNoWriMo is a vibrant internet community, and I think it will be a lot of fun.
Cheer me on! I'll need it!
- "Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking, unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book." --Edward Gibbon
"The first draft of anything is shit” --Ernest Hemingway
- "I have made this [letter] longer, because I have not had the time to make it shorter." --Blaise Pascal
5 comments:
I did my first 1008 words in 38 minutes! What a great start! I feel good! Going to bed now and I can't wait to start up again in the afternon!
YOU CAN DO IT! GO FOR IT!
you go, girl
Go, Izzy! Go!
Word verif "yoffin," which sounds like a creature in a fantasy novel
You'll do good! You can write! Good luck...break a leg...whatever it takes!
Post a Comment