Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Neighbor

When we were cleaning out the garage last weekend, we noticed a new neighbor moving in.  Her name is Ms. Mud Dauber.

We were happy to watch her build her home.



This afternoon I went out to take a shot of the finished condo project.  That darker spot on the lower right is fresh mud. 
I waited a little while, and here came mama to check on things.


Please read about this species.  Pretty cool.  I guess we can look forward to babies in a while.

Ain't nature grand?!

4 comments:

P-Doobie said...

You are lucky, Izzy. The paper wasps in my garage never moved back.

RetroMag said...

Is Ms. Mud Dauber a wasp? Dous she sting? I guess wasp stings are pretty bad. Nice house she built!

Shoe said...

RetroMag, the wikipedia entry says that she is a wasp, and they do not defend their nests and are not too agressive, though they will sting. If you click on the red underlined "Ms Mud Dauber" in the post, that is a link that will take you to the Wikipedia entry (all the colored underlined text are links to other web pages).

BobbieS53 said...

Cool. I like spiders and snakes...and wasps, too!