Monday, April 19, 2010

Mama Arachnid

The other day I saw a big mother of a spider in the living room!  I scooped her up and put her in a glass to take her outside.  Erin was able to see that the wolf spider was carrying a bunch o' babies on her abdomen! Wow!  Cool!

Here are some pictures.  You can see one of the babies who temporarily jumped ship. In the first picture, it is between her second and third right legs.  In the second picture, it is right in front of her.

(The glass containing the spider is sitting upon a cat coaster, and that is why you see cat faces peering out)




Erin did a search and found this video of one of the mama's cousins:


Nature is fun!

3 comments:

Poss said...

very cool, I love wolf spiders. Lots in Belen

BobbieS53 said...

That is too cool! Remember when Erin found the rolly-polly giving live birth to tons of babies in your hallway?

Shoe said...

BobBIE! Now that you mention, it I do remember that! Fun!