Friday, May 1, 2009

New Old Dinette!

Well, it has been nearly seven months since P took the legs off the table and I schlepped it to the UPS store to be shipped, but here it is! The whole dinette set!



Mom shipped the chairs out later. I looked on line and found some yellow cracked ice vinyl and ordered it. I took the chairs to a local upholsterer a couple weeks ago, and picked them up today! The color of the chairs is a little darker/orangier than the table, but I think it looks great.



The upholsterer did a terrific job, as you can see in a detail of the back of the chair. Remember the ugly vinyl folded under and tacked? Sorry, Jack Classic, it just wasn't flattering to these beautiful chairs! My guy sewed pieces of vinyl together and fit them over the backs. He put new cushions in, too, so you can actually sit on them for longer than five minutes! Not only that, he cut the vinyl so the patterns are the same on each chair!



To complete the retro-memory, I picked up some lilacs from Trader Joe's. I adore lilacs! They are so beautiful, and smell soooooo good! Good smelly memories.



For the table's first meal in its new home, Erin and I had mac-n-cheese. Sorry, Charley, not homemade. It was getting to be too late to cook. We got it from TJ's, too. They make good mac-n-cheese. Notice the retro table ware!



The dinette set is a happy addition to our kitchen! THANKS MOM!

3 comments:

Chuckbert said...

It's about time!

I'm glad to hear that the Naugahyde is history. Thanks.

Congratulations!

RetroMag said...

Great job! I'm glad the set has a new life and a new home.It looks new too! Enjoy!

BobbieS53 said...

Very nice. It looks good...I love retro!