Monday, February 23, 2009

Lovin' the Kitchenaide

OK. I've fallen in love with baking bread. Pagrs pointed me to King Arthur Flour's recipes, and they really are great recipes! The Kitchenaide Stand Mixer makes it sooooo easy!

So far, I've made one loaf of white bread (recipe from the Kitchenaide recipe book), four loaves (2 batches) of Classic 100% Whole Wheat, and two loaves of 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread. This last recipe is my favorite. The first loaf was great, though not perfect. The second one just came out of the oven. It looks and smells fantastic. I have a feeling this one will be near-perfect!





I can't keep up with the demand for bread! I have a teenage boy in the house, you know. I have a feeling I'll need to adjust my weekly routine to include a bread-baking day. I'll enjoy that, though, because it smells so good!

Thanks again, BobBIE!

4 comments:

P-Doobie said...

As Anne L., Uncle P's mother, used to say, "The only thing better than fresh bread is more fresh bread!"

That Bobbers.

BobbieS53 said...

I am so glad that you are using and enjoying it so much! I just bought a bag of King Arthur's whole wheat flour and plan to bake this weekend. Keep that machine churning!

Chuckbert said...

I need to make some bread myself.

We don't have any events this weekend and it's supposed to rain so I don't have an excuse not to.

I know what you mean about not keeping up with demand. I can eat a whole loaf by myself before it cools.

RetroMag said...

Seeing those loaves makes me drool. I, too, should bake some. Nothing smells or tastes better than fresh baked bread.