We visited the Notre Dame Cathedral on our first full day. It is an emotional experience to walk there, one of the most famous and storied cathedrals on Earth. It is beautiful and opulent, as so many European cathedrals are.
We were able to visit one of the towers; the other was undergoing restoration.
It was a long climb up a spiral staircase.
We did not hear the bells, alas.
Still, it was quite a treat. We had a perfect day for city views!
To be upclose and personal to the gargoyles: lovely. It felt like touching history.
And then the long climb down with the lovely Annette!
I had mixed feelings about the Arc de Triomphe. Of course, it is a landmark. And an interesting piece of architecture. The military history is interesting but does not move me. It has great views once you climb the staircase up and up and up.
Another "tower." Our apartment was on the third floor (European style; that's the fourth floor for you and me). No elevator. It was a good workout going up and down every day.
And of course, the Eiffel Tower. We went in the evening. It was beautiful at night, and we got to see the twinkling lights.
We half walked, half elevator'd up the tower. Again, it was just a thrill to be inside one of the most iconic places on Earth.
Annette and I had great laughs, too. I was trying to get selfies (or "samesies" as I called them), and she was photo-bombing me. I laughed until I nearly pee'd my pants. It was great fun.


















3 comments:
You forgot the part where you ditched me for like 30 mins at the Eiffel tower :p
It was more like 10 minutes and I was looking all over for you!!!
Beautiful. I love the rose window of Notre Dame!
What's brown and lives in the bell tower?
The Lunch Bag of Notre Dame.
Post a Comment