Tuesday, February 26, 2013

England and Ireland: Ireland. Part 3: The Road to Dingle

Kinsale, Co. Cork to Dingle, Co. Kerry

Road Trip!

We reluctantly left the charming Kinsale and our wonderful B&B and headed west toward the Dingle Peninsula.

On the way, we stopped at Kilkenny, where some of Trish's kin hailed from, and stopped at the nearby Killarney National Park, enjoying the area around the Muckross House, before hitting the road again.

Today's post is mostly photos. Enjoy.

We stopped at a roadside-ish attraction: a metal miniature factory. It was kinda fun.


The proprietors of the factory collected American LEO and Fire badges. Odd, but cool.


Setting off  again in our little car!

 The countryside was beautiful!


Just outside of Killarney National Park, we noticed some horse carriages. We found out that tourists can hire them for a jaunt around the grounds and the lake.



Photo by Trish

Photo by Trish

Hard-working pony gets his reward.


Muckross house
It was a stunningly beautiful day, one of the warmest, sunniest days that Ireland ever sees. Indeed, it was one of the most beautiful days of anywhere on Earth! Many families from around Ireland and the world came to the park to enjoy the outdoors.







Photo by Trish





 Part of our mission of the day was finding homes of Trish's ancestors. We were partially successful. A tchotchke shop stood at the address of one of her kin in Killarney. We shopped there.

And we drove in the countryside looking for other ancestral homes.

Photo by Trish

Photo by Trish

Photo by Trish


We're in Gaelic country now! (photo by Trish)

Then we motored the rest of the way to Dingle. It's a beautiful country!













Self-portrait of an Out-the-Window photog.

5 comments:

P-Doobie said...

The cloud looks like a map of Ireland. Coincidence? I think not.

RetroMag said...

I want to go back to Ireland! It is such a beautiful and friendly country. I love your photos. Thanks for sharing!

RetroMag said...

I want to go back to Ireland! It is such a beautiful and friendly country. I love your photos. Thanks for sharing!

BobbieS53 said...

I'm STILL wishing I had gone with you!

Poss said...

Would love to see Ireland, what a great trip you had.