Sunday, June 26, 2011

Memory U.

I had to do an errand at UCSB yesterday.  I saw a sign pointing to "Orientation 2011."  Thirty years ago today I was eagerly anticipating my own trip to Orientation and leaving home to attend this gem of a university.

The sun was shining and it was such a warm day! I thought it would be a great day to walk around campus and go down memory lane again. I took you on this walk before.

Pretty views from the bluffs.


Those buildings are dorms. How many universities have dorms with ocean views?

I walked past the dorms and the University Center to the Lagoon. We spent many hours walking the lagoon, feeding the coots, and sitting on the UCen lawn watching the water.  I remember eating UCen burritos on the lawn! They were the best!

This beautiful bird was hunting in the Lagoon. Fish burritos, maybe?

And he was preening, too!

Back in the day, this store was inside the UCen building. My boyfriend and I used to take a walk after dinner to get candy in there. Once he got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup with a worm crawling from it! He wrote the Hershey's company and they sent a box full of goodies!
Storke Tower, the centerpiece of the University.
Oh, Storke Plaza!  The place for dances, arts and crafts fairs, voter registration, demonstrations, and all the wondeful activities of college life!  One of my best memories of Storke Plaza was a dance in the first days of my freshman year. This song was playing, and ever since, I just love this song and all the memories it evokes!

The pool in Storke Plaza had lily pads that were blooming really pretty!






A couple Koi in the pond.

This is a pretty staircase at Physics.  I don't remember the it; I just thought it was really cool!
 I will have some more memories in a future post.

1 comment:

BobbieS53 said...

Thanks for the walk...I even remember some of those sights.