Monday, September 6, 2010

Here They Come!

Our babies have started to arrive!

Remember I told you about the Mud Dauber that made a nest on our garage doorway?  Her babies have started to emerge! On Saturday I headed out to get Erin and saw that a few of the holes had been opened, and a wasp was walking around on the nest.

I took this shot, then went to get Erin and came back about 20 minutes later.  She was still there, walking around.  Was she studying and measuring the nest so she could make one of her own?  Was she resting before she went off in search of a mate and more food?  Only she knows!

As we watched her, she flew away.  No others have emerged yet.

3 comments:

RetroMag said...

Are some more hatching out?

BobbieS53 said...

Don't you just love babies?

Shoe said...

RetroMag, I think there are 1-2 more open holes. I'll post another picture soon.

Word verif: peridot My baby's birthstone!