Monday, August 30, 2010

Dogs are Special People!

I love dogs!  They're great!  I've been thinking about what an incredible species is the Canus lupus familiarus. Whenever I'm on a walk with Cocoa and Kibble, we invariably get comments--most often about Kibble's cool hairdo.  I think humans and canines have a special bond.  Dogs touch so many of us, from the tiny tike in a stroller who has barely any words who points and declares, "Gaggie!" or "Da!" or "Woof-woof!" to the slightly older kid playing in the front yard who sees us coming and calls out to her mom, "Look!  Doggies! Doggies!  Hi, doggiiiiies!" to the (ahem) 40-something animal lover who also squeals, "Look!  Doggies!  Doggies!  Hi, doggiiiiies!"

Here are some videos that I love featuring the dog!  I've posted many of these to my Facebook page, but they bear repeating--and collecting!

This first one is of our dear friends. This was the Cocoa's and Kibble's first encounter with our new lawn, almost a year ago! They lurve it!



Dogs can dance!


And they easily make fast friends with beasts....

....of all kinds!

And dogs are HEROES!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are smart! Muscovite subway-riding dogs.  See the video within the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And they are helpful! Dog leading police to fire.  Video in article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this is the #1 reason why dogs are great!

3 comments:

Kevtegr8 said...

Yea dogs are the coolest

Can they reproduce with their wolf kin?

If so how can they be classified as a seperate species from the common gray wolf?

Chuckbert said...

Wow! Those dogs were nothing like the dog I'm most familiar with these days. None of these bark incessantly! What's up with that?

Good dog!

Shoe said...

Kevtegr8, yes, they can and they do. Wolf-dog. Canus familiarus is considered a sub-species.

Chuckbert, sorry for that dog's suffering--and yours!