It was a winter wonderland!
Kevin and I had a really great trip to NM!
Kevin got to go snowboarding one day. He had great fun, but he decided that the snow wasn't good enough to go a second day.
Kevin, p-doobie and I went to Santa Fe and browsed the New Mexico History Museum. What an interesting history New Mexico has! There are things to learn there. Go see!
BobBIE and I drove up to the Valle to enjoy the views. So pretty! I didn't use image stitching like Chuckbert did so beautifully, but I think the Valle is still stunning in small pieces.
We stopped to visit the Las Conchas trail and one of the Jemez River's tributaries. This is where Kevin and I fished a couple years ago. The creek was snowy and frozen over, but at this spot we could hear the gurgle of the water flowing underneath the ice.
Kevin and I enjoyed browsing Otowi Station Bookstore as well as visiting the Bradbury Science Museum. We learned cool stuff at the museum.
Food: Lots! We ate too much! Wait a minute--is there such thing as too much New Mexican food?? Yumminess at De Colores, Plaza Cafe, Rancho De Chimayó....Mmmmmm!
On the last evening, we were treated by RetroMag to the buffet at China Moon (Thanks, RetroMag!). And Kevin got a surprise birthday cake! Fun!
We had a nice time yakking and enjoying each other's company.
When Kevin and I drove to ABQ, we took the Jemez route, and in the morning hours, the Valle floor was shrouded in a layer of fog. Very cool!
We saw four wild turkeys on the side of the road! What good camouflage they have! Click to see a bigger pic!
Thank you to all who made our trip so wonderful! RetroMag, p-doobie, chelbert, Poss, BobBIE and Jack! You were all the hostesses with the mostesses (except for Jack, he was the host with the most!)
3 comments:
I sure enjoyed your visit. I wish we always had more time together. You are welcome back ANYTIME!
Really nice pictures! Those shots of the snow-covered Valle are really pretty. And COLD! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation. I sure enjoyed having you!
Thanks for the pictures, Izzy. They're really pretty. I had a nice time with you and the K-Man!
Word verif: zygolea, the sad feeling you get when you miss your baby sister
Post a Comment